Intro: Key findings from the third quarter Nielsen Global Consumer Confidence Index report that consumers find a full economic recovery in 2010 to be highly unlikely:
- Consumer confidence declined in 19 of 53 global markets.
- One in four North Americans and one in five Europeans have no discretionary income.
- Rising food prices are a top concern for one in four Asians.
- Increasing utility prices are Europeans’ biggest concern.
- Recovery is back on track in North-West Europe, while the recessionary mindset lives on in Southern Europe.
- Nine of the top 10 most confident nations hail from the Asia Pacific region.
My take: interesting to see that Asia-Pacific and BRIC countries are very confident